In this webinar series, Dr. Julie Moran discusses dementia, aging, and IDD. Dr. Moran provides a basic overview of dementia, the stages of Alzheimer’s Disease, as well as caregiving.
This series was created in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services. The intended audience is caregivers, families, direct support professionals, residential managers, and service coordinators. For more information on Aging with IDD, please visit the Department of Developmental Services.
Dementia and IDD
This webinar is an introduction to dementia as it appears in individuals with IDD. It reviews DSM criteria, genetic links, and prevalence of Alzheimer’s Disease in people who have an IDD. The webinar also features a family caregiver experience with the disease.
Presentation Slides (PDF)
Additional Trainings and Resources
- Resources for Individuals with IDD and Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Early Evaluation of Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Applying the Knowledge to Dementia Caregiving and Caregiver Support
- Caregiving in Action: Case Studies and Practical Tips