As part of our ongoing efforts to improve the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), the Shriver Center assists agencies that serve this population with their quality improvement initiatives, through the Center for Developmental Disabilities Evaluation and Research (CDDER).
Our capabilities include the following:
- Incident reporting systems to identify target areas for risk management
- Root Cause Analysis
- Failure Modes Effects analysis
- Developing service and outcome quality indicators
- Developing and implementing systemic prevention approaches in partnership with agencies
- Training staff and leaders on use of data for quality improvement
- Supports to agencies to develop a ‘culture of safety’
We develop quality improvement materials for dissemination through developmental disability service agencies and the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS) on quality assurance topics, translating research into action.
To learn how we can assist your organization, please contact us.