CDDER develops the following dissemination pieces for the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (MA DDS) on quality assurance topics that translate research findings into actionable items. These are customized towards audiences like self-advocates, management staff, families, and risk personnel.
Sign up for MA DDS Quality Assurance Information Update
Are you interested in receiving periodic updates about new Massachusetts DDS Quality Assurance (QA) publications or updates on QA activities? If so, please click the button below and enter your name and e-mail address and subscribe to the MA DDS General Quality Assurance mailing list.
DDS Quality Assurance Briefs
Easy to digest reports of outcomes important to the health, safety and quality of lives of individuals who are supported by the MA DDS. Each topic based brief focuses on a specific area of quality. These briefts open in PDF.
- Health - Healthy Lifestyle (July 2019: Updating with recently released NCI data)
- Health - Preventive Care (July 2019: Updating with recently released NCI data)
- Community Access and Participation
- Developing Relationships with Family and Friends
DDS Quality Is No Accident (QINA) Briefs
These briefs present analyses from the MA DDS incident reporting system and suggest actionable items to prevent future incidents and mitigate risk in the population of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. These documents open in PDF (last updated June 2019).
- Sleep Apnea
- Recognizing and Responding to Sexual Abuse
- Missing Persons
- Pressure Ulcers
- Aging with Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD)
- Emergency Room and Urgent Care Strategies
- Safe Transportation of People in Wheelchairs
- Friendships in People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Age-related Health Issues
- Dysphagia, Aspiration, and Choking
- Constipation and Bowel Obstruction
- Ingestion of Foreign Objects (Pica)
- Preventable Hospital Use: Dehydration, Constipation, and Urinary Tract Infection
- Oral Health
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Preventive Screenings
- Medication Errors
Research and Risk Management Briefs
CDDER published quality assurance briefs for developmental disability service agencies in the New England Region. These briefs discuss general research findings in the intellectual disabilities population and suggest ways for state agencies to mitigate risk: